4 egg whites
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and
Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar, vanilla essence and salt then beat again until stiff.
3. Add coconut and almonds and fold in, making sure to combine the mixture thoroughly with a light hand.
4. Using a large teaspoon, create 24 small circular mounds on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 16 – 20 minutes until lightly brown.
6. Remove trays from oven and leave biscuits to cool on the trays.
7. Store in an air-tight container.